Sentinel sensors are enforcement-grade, subterranean parking sensors that provide accurate occupancy data from the bays, streets, and localities in which they’re deployed.
They precisely and consistently record when a vehicle arrives in a bay and when it departs, and deliver that information in real time to our integrated management system.
This information is critical for enforcement, events management, land use forecasts, research or emergency planning.
Connected sensor technology
Orikan’s Sentinel sensors are installed in the ground, which makes them difficult to tamper with or vandalise. But that doesn’t make them any harder to use, because at the core of this solution is connectivity.
Each sensor communicates its parking status in real time to our integrated central management system. Restrictions can be updated wirelessly for each bay, street, or local area. When integrated with infringement issuance technology, the solution can send overstay alerts to officers, who can then be guided to relevant bays using real-time maps.
What Sentinel sensors can do for you
- These sensors take highly accurate readings and provide them back in real time, to give you a strong understanding of how your parking policies actually work in the field
- Sensor data is useful for modelling and reporting, and it can be used to plan out the most effective routes for parking officers in advance
- They can help you manage traffic flow and environmental impact by providing the live data used for dynamic signage or wayfinding applications
- Installing sensors underground is a strong barrier to tampering and vandalism, but you can still calibrate, send and receive data, and reprogram them without needing to get physical access
- Sentinel sensors integrate seamlessly with other solutions, like PayStay or PinForce
- This technology is designed and built in Australia by a company with decades of experience in the industry
Creating liveable, sustainable infrastructure is a major challenge for municipalities. Rising demand for finite parking spaces necessitates better parking management solutions to deliver equitable access for communities. Contact us to find out more.