Orikan’s ePermits solution is a highly customisable, online permits-management system. It allows council or permit authority to reduce administrative hours and process complexity by automating simple but repetitive permit-processing tasks.
End-users have the convenience and flexibility of applying for permits online through a self-service portal.
A more convenient solution
Traditionally, permit applications and management come with a lot of moving parts: things like customer service, limited hours of operation, processing documentation, data entry, paper and printing and mailing out permits. The challenges of administration and resourcing can artificially bottleneck the process, creating delays and frustrating end users.
Digital permits are a more convenient solution for everybody. By shifting the bulk of permit eligibility, application, processing and payment to a digitised self-service model, administrative resources are freed up to assist those end users with lower technology access.
The speed, automation and flexibility of digitised permits means people can apply and progress their own applications outside of business hours, wherever they are, and when is most convenient for them.
Security and equity
The issue of illegally buying or leasing permits is common in densely populated areas where parking is valued highly. It can artificially inflate the cost of parking, cut into the revenue taken by councils, and create challenges for residents and workers who rely on fair and equitable parking access to travel through community spaces. This practice takes advantage of the challenge issuing authorities face in linking traditional permits to specific owners, and, over time, it can add up to millions of dollars in permit fraud.
Orikan’s ePermits solution links individual permits with individual permit-holders and their matching vehicle licence plates and eliminates permit fraud. Digitised verification means that officers in the field can check a permit against a permit holder in seconds.
What ePermits can do for you
- The solution is highly customisable, so you can ensure your organisation’s identity appears homogenous and consistent to end users
- You can provide additional convenience, flexibility and out-of-hours self-service for residents and visitors, who can apply, manage and update their permit details when they need to
- Our ePermits solution can eliminate common forms of permit fraud and protect your local community from permit abuse
- Streamline administration by drastically reducing manual labour through convenient self-service and automation
- This solution is purpose-built for parking permits management and can be adapted for use with permits for other applications. It’s designed and built in Australia
- Manage any parking permit type: commercial, residential or accessible parking, special events, visitors, bus parking and more
Permits can be difficult and costly to manage. Our fully-automated and customisable solution has been developed to meet that challenge and serve communities by alleviating financial and administrative burden. Download our factsheet and contact us to find out more.